- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 30 blanched whole almonds
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Set them aside, and leave the oven on.
- Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix well.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a lightly greased or non-stick baking sheet. Flatten each one with your fingertip, and place an almond in the center.
- Bake the cookies on the middle shelf of the oven until they take on just a bit of color, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool them on a rack, and then store in an airtight container (these keep superbly).
- Makes 25 to 30 cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More