- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 medium eating apples - yielding
- about 150g (6oz) when prepared
- 100g (4oz) ground walnuts or
- hazelnuts (nut meal)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet red wine
- Peel, core, grate the apples.
- Mix with cinnamon and walnuts and one tablespoon of wine.
- If too dry add a little more wine.
- If too runny add more nuts.
NotesCharoset is the mortar of the Seder. Charoset varies around the world and here are two very different styles - one “raw” the other “cooked”. Both are sweet and can be used as fruit spread or filler for Pesach pancakes or rolled into balls and covered with nuts in the Sephardi style.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More