- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 medium eating apples - yielding
- about 150g (6oz) when prepared
- 100g (4oz) ground walnuts or
- hazelnuts (nut meal)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet red wine
- Peel, core, grate the apples.
- Mix with cinnamon and walnuts and one tablespoon of wine.
- If too dry add a little more wine.
- If too runny add more nuts.
NotesCharoset is the mortar of the Seder. Charoset varies around the world and here are two very different styles - one “raw” the other “cooked”. Both are sweet and can be used as fruit spread or filler for Pesach pancakes or rolled into balls and covered with nuts in the Sephardi style.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More