- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 oz white cheddar cheese, shredded(2 cups)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 to 8 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2 medium granny smith or Jonathan apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- (about 2 cups)
- 3 tbsp fig jam or apricot preserves
- Combine brown sugar and pecans; Set aside.
- In a food processor combine flour, 1/2 cup of the cheese, granulated sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt; cover and process with one on/off turn.
- Add butter.
- Cover, process with several on/off turns until size of small peas.
- With processor running, slowly add water to make dough come together in a ball.
- Gently knead until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- For each bundle, on floured surface roll dough into 8 inch circle.
- Place 3 tbsp cheese, and 1/4 cup apple in center.
- Sprinkle with nut mixture.
- Brush dough edges with water.
- Bring up dough edges and press together to seal.
- Sealed sides up, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Spoon preserves on each bundle.
- Cool 20 minutes on baking sheet.
- Serve warm.
NotesAnother Better Homes & Gardens Recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More