- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 10-14
- Preparation Time: 15-25 minutes
- Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie.
- When making crust include a cup of extra-sharp finely grated Cheddar cheese before adding water to the dough. Orange colored (rather than white) Cheddar gives the crust a lovely golden hue.
- two-thirds cup sugar.
- 2 tablespoons flour.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- one-fourth teaspoon nutmeg.
- 6 or 7 firm, tart baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced.
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line pie plate with half the pastry. Combine sugar, flour and spices and toss with apples and cheese. Spoon into pie shell, piling apples high in the center. Top with remaining crust. Slit decoratively for steam vents. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 40 to 45 minutes, until crust lightly browns.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More