- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pouch Shake n Bake Extra Crispy
- 1 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour your melted butter to coat the baking dish.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- In a third bowl, combine the cheese, shake n bake, and cereal.
- Keep your bowls in that order and work down the line. First, dredge your chicken in the flour mixture, dip in the eggs, then press it into the shake n bake mixture to coat. Really push the chicken down in the shake n bake. Transfer to your baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes or until coating is golden brown but not to dry and chicken is done.
NotesI love the ideal of rice krispy cereal in a recipe! I tried it in a burger recipe but I thought it was a flop since the cereal didn't stay crispy! I have a recipe on tap for a rice krispy/candy recipe but haven't made it yet so when I found this recipe, I knew it would be on the dinner table soon! Yummy, it was so crispy on the outside and fork tender on the inside!
Man, what have they been feeding the chickens lately? The chicken breast at our local Kroger are huge and I don't care for thick chicken breast so I bought 4 breast, cut them thru the center, lengthwise and still had 8 huge breast! The chicken was on sale for $1.99 a pound so 4 huge breast only cost me a total of $6.24! Add the $1.89 for the mac & cheese and I fed my family of 4 for $8.13! What a bargain!
Since I had 8 breast, I doubled the recipe! Make sure if you double this, you have a 2 pack of Shake N Bake (5.5 ounce box) and make it in 2 batches, coating 4 breast each batch.