2 cups (250g) flour
2 1/2 tsp (10g) baking powder
1 tbsp (15g) sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
5 tbsp (70 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
3/4 cup (200g) buttermilk, cold
1 cup (100g) matured cheddar cheese, grated
For brushing the tops
2 tbsp (30g) melted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and garlic powder. Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
3. Add the grated cheese and just give a quick stir to combine with the flour mixture. Incorporate the cold buttermilk until just combined, don't overmix.
4. Take large spoons of mixture and with the help of another tablespoon place them on the prepared baking sheet. Optional sprinkle some grated cheese on top of each.
5. Bake for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown. While they bake, prepare the butter mixture. Melt the butter into a small sauce pan, add garlic, parsley and salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
6. Brush the tops of the biscuits with butter mixture and serve hot.
Pairs Well With
This recipe is from the Home Cooking Adventure YouTube. I love these biscuits and I love watching her cooking videos...they're hypnotic!