- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 12 oz cans of evaporated milk
- 1 c beer or chicken broth (never made it w/ chick broth)
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t dry mustard
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 8 oz pkg shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Garnish: additional shredded cheese, sliced green onion
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; stir in beer or broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish as desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
NotesAlways wanted to make a cheddar ale soup. It is very yummy! And is like a chemistry experiment.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More