- Cooking Time: 3 to 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices country-style bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- Melted unsalted butter for brushing
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with melted butter.
- Lay the slices, buttered side down, on a clean work surface.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 2 bread slices.
- Top each with one of the other bread slices, buttered side up.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturers instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
NotesProof that simple can be sublime, these grilled cheese sandwiches are a snap to prepare using an electric panini maker. Theyre the perfect accompaniment to our Smoked Tomato Soup (see related recipe at right).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More