- Cooking Time: 3 to 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices country-style bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- Melted unsalted butter for brushing
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with melted butter.
- Lay the slices, buttered side down, on a clean work surface.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 2 bread slices.
- Top each with one of the other bread slices, buttered side up.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturers instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
NotesProof that simple can be sublime, these grilled cheese sandwiches are a snap to prepare using an electric panini maker. Theyre the perfect accompaniment to our Smoked Tomato Soup (see related recipe at right).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More