CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Servings: 4 - 1-1/4 C. Servings
- 2 t. Olive oil
- 1/2 C. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 T. - All Purpose Flour
- 2 C. Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 C. Fat Free Skim Milk
- 1 3/4 C. Reduced Fat Cheddar or Colby Cheese
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Pepper
- 1 t. Paprika
Cook onion in heated oil until soft.
Add flour and stir to coat.
Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
Working in batches, puree soup in blender.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens stirring often.
Add milk and return to boil, stirring constantly.
Remove pan from heat and whisk in cheese; stir until melted.