- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 4 main or 8 appys
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryNeeded a veggie-friendly sandwich to serve at my daughter's bridal shower picnic in the park. Came up with this very easy-to-make and take sandwich ... just cut off the crusts and it becomes a dainty tea sandwich. Even the meat-eaters enjoyed it!
- 8 slices firm white, whole-wheat or combination of breads
- 4 Tbls. ready-made basil pesto
- 2 ozs. good-quality cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbl. shredded carrots
- 4 Tbls. Sabra Classic Hummus
- Spread 4 slices of bread each with 1 tablespoon of the pesto.
- Divide cheddar cheese slices over pesto.
- Divide shredded carrots over cheese.
- Cover each with remaining slices of bread, each spread with 1 tablespoon of hummus.
- Optionally cut off crusts. Slice each sandwich on the diagonal, making a total of 16 triangles.
- Serve immediately or wrap securely and chill until ready to serve.