- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 4 main or 8 appys
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 slices firm white, whole-wheat or combination of breads
- 4 Tbls. ready-made basil pesto
- 2 ozs. good-quality cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbl. shredded carrots
- 4 Tbls. Sabra Classic Hummus
- Spread 4 slices of bread each with 1 tablespoon of the pesto.
- Divide cheddar cheese slices over pesto.
- Divide shredded carrots over cheese.
- Cover each with remaining slices of bread, each spread with 1 tablespoon of hummus.
- Optionally cut off crusts. Slice each sandwich on the diagonal, making a total of 16 triangles.
- Serve immediately or wrap securely and chill until ready to serve.
NotesNeeded a veggie-friendly sandwich to serve at my daughter's bridal shower picnic in the park. Came up with this very easy-to-make and take sandwich ... just cut off the crusts and it becomes a dainty tea sandwich. Even the meat-eaters enjoyed it!
It's all about that protein
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More