- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine potatoes and water in slow cooker; dot with butter. Cover; cook on LOW 6 hours or on HIGH 3 hours or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes to large mixing bowl.
- Using electric mixer at medium speed, whip potatoes until well blended. Add milk, salt and pepper; whip until smooth.
- Stir in green onions and cheese; cover. Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend and cheese to melt.