CHEDDAR MUSTARD MUFFINS
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-sharp grated Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (2 ounces/1/2 stick)
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion (green part only), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely diced sweet red pepper (optional)
Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in large bowl.
In medium bowl, whisk cheese, eggs, milk, butter, mustard, green onions and red pepper until blended.
Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and fold in with rubber spatula just until combined; do not overmix.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing it evenly.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Turn out onto rack and serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.
Note: I baked the muffins at 350 F and used muffin liners.