- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-sharp grated Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (2 ounces/1/2 stick)
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion (green part only), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely diced sweet red pepper (optional)
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk cheese, eggs, milk, butter, mustard, green onions and red pepper until blended.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and fold in with rubber spatula just until combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Turn out onto rack and serve warm.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Note: I baked the muffins at 350 F and used muffin liners.
A Falcon Feast
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More