Cheddar Paprika and Spring Onion Muffins
360g Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp paprika
1tbs golden caster sugar
180ml vegetable oil
275ml sour cream
150g mature cheddar cheese (save a little to put on top of muffins)
3 sliced spring onions
1. Pre heat oven to 180C Fan
2. Prepare 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases
3. Using an electric mixer beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and slightly thickened. Once done beat the egg mixture on a low speed setting while slowly drizzling in the oil until it is all incorporated. Add the sour cream and mix for one minute until combined.
4. Sift the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into the egg mixture and beat until combined. Then stir in the cheese and spring onions.
5. Spoon the batter into the cases until just below the top of the cases and top with the reserved cheese. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray.