CHEDDAR RANCH CHEESE BALL
Cheddar Ranch Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix (Hidden Valley brand)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- crackers & crudités for serving
In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and dressing mix. Form into one large ball or two smaller balls. Roll in almond slices to coat surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Serve with crackers and/or crudités.
For most cheese balls I make, they all include cream cheese as a binder and blank slate for flavors to build on. In this case, I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, and a dry Ranch dressing mix. What's great about this combination is that you could even elevate it further with a few dashes of hot sauce for a Buffalo-style Cheddar Ranch flavor, reminiscent of Buffalo Chicken. And while you're at it, mix in some shredded chicken to completely change the recipe to a buffalo chicken cheese ball!