- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 25 medium fresh jalapeno peppers *
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 oz.) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove the seeds and membranes (* use plastic gloves to protect your hands).
- In a large saucepot, boil the peppers in water for about 5 to 10 minutes (the longer you boil, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve these warm.
NotesI made these for a party and they were awesome. Recipe comes from TOH Holiday Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Makes about 4 dozen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More