- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 25 medium fresh jalapeno peppers *
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 oz.) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove the seeds and membranes (* use plastic gloves to protect your hands).
In a large saucepot, boil the peppers in water for about 5 to 10 minutes (the longer you boil, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve these warm.
Makes about 4 dozen