- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 25 medium fresh jalapeno peppers *
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 oz.) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove the seeds and membranes (* use plastic gloves to protect your hands).
- In a large saucepot, boil the peppers in water for about 5 to 10 minutes (the longer you boil, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve these warm.
NotesI made these for a party and they were awesome. Recipe comes from TOH Holiday Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Makes about 4 dozen
My Family Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More