- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2 pound) loaf processed cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- Melt processed cheese in a slow cooker set for high heat.
- Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Place ground beef in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain beef, and mix in water and taco seasoning mix.
- Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir seasoned beef into the melted processed cheese.
- Mix in salsa.
- Cook and stir until well blended.
- Serve warm.
NotesHere's another one I got from allrecipes.com. I made this for a work function and everyone raved about it. Even though it's just a basic cheese dip, I think the addition of the taco seasoning is what really puts it above other cheese dip recipes I've used before.