- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2 pound) loaf processed cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- Melt processed cheese in a slow cooker set for high heat.
- Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Place ground beef in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain beef, and mix in water and taco seasoning mix.
- Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir seasoned beef into the melted processed cheese.
- Mix in salsa.
- Cook and stir until well blended.
- Serve warm.
NotesHere's another one I got from allrecipes.com. I made this for a work function and everyone raved about it. Even though it's just a basic cheese dip, I think the addition of the taco seasoning is what really puts it above other cheese dip recipes I've used before.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More