- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or red bell peppers or green bell peppers (I used frozen fajita peppers and onions)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper to a 4 quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add the enchilada sauce and cream soup; whisk together. Gradually whisk in the milk until mixture is smooth. Pour over vegetables in slow-cooker. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Ladle hot soup into individual serving bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and broken tortilla chips if desired.