CHEESE-FILLED GINGER BREAD
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16-20 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package ( 8 ounces ) cream cheese,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each baking soda and salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup each milk and vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the first four ingredients,until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl,combine the flour,sugar,baking soda,salt,and ginger.In another bowl,beat the eggs,milk, oil and molasses until smooth.Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in.fluted tube pan.Top with the reserved cream cheese mixture.Carefully spoon remaining batter over filling.Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze,combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.Drizzle over bread.Store in the refrigerator.
NotesRecipe from the Taste of Home cookbook
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More