- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16-20 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package ( 8 ounces ) cream cheese,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each baking soda and salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup each milk and vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the first four ingredients,until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl,combine the flour,sugar,baking soda,salt,and ginger.In another bowl,beat the eggs,milk, oil and molasses until smooth.Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in.fluted tube pan.Top with the reserved cream cheese mixture.Carefully spoon remaining batter over filling.Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze,combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.Drizzle over bread.Store in the refrigerator.
NotesRecipe from the Taste of Home cookbook