- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 lbs. Gruyere cheese
- 12 oz. white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp. all purpose-flour
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup kirsch
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Grate the Gruyere cheese.
2. In a chafing dish, combine the Gruyere and wine. Bring to boiling and cook until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour and water and mix well. Add slowly to the Gruyere mixture, stirring after each addition.
4. Add the kirsch, nutmeg and black pepper and mix well.
5. Place the mixture in a fondue pot. Serve with fruit wedges and French bread cubes.