- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 35-40
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese will melt in your mouth!
My mom used to cater weddings with a friend of hers. I was always so happy when these were on the menu, because then I got to sample the leftovers!
These should be prepared ahead of time, and then baked when you want to serve them.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 lb. grated jack cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 beaten egg whites
- French (or unsliced white bread) loaf with crust cut off
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Melt butter and cheeses in double boiler. Remove from heat and fold in egg whites (but don't let it cool completely). Dip bread cubes in melted mixture. Place onto cookie sheets and freeze. [Note: If your cookie sheets don't fit in the freezer, place them on any plate to freeze. You are going to remove them later for storage anyway.]
- After they are frozen, remove puffs from cookie sheet, put in zip lock freezer bags and store in freezer until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, arrange frozen puffs on ungreased cookie sheet and BAKE at 400 Deg, approx. 8-10 minutes or just until toasty.