- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- l stick butter.
- 2 stiffly-beaten egg whites
- Cubes (1") of white bread cut from long unsliced loaf, crusts removed (have even used sourdough, but cut off all edges).
- Melt cheeses and butter in double boiler over boiling water.
- Add beaten whites carefully to blend.
- Dip cubes.
- Place on greased sheet and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes.
NotesThey will disappear in minutes!! My Mom made these in the 40s!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Fun appetizers and snacks
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More