- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThey will disappear in minutes!! My Mom made these in the 40s!
- 1/4 pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- l stick butter.
- 2 stiffly-beaten egg whites
- Cubes (1") of white bread cut from long unsliced loaf, crusts removed (have even used sourdough, but cut off all edges).
- Melt cheeses and butter in double boiler over boiling water.
- Add beaten whites carefully to blend.
- Dip cubes.
- Place on greased sheet and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes.