- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1½ - 2 cups cheese (pref. sharp/aged cheddar)
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. mustard
- Cook over double boiler on medium heat
- Combine butter, salt, pepper, flour and milk in saucepan, giving you a basic white sauce.
- Add grated cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, whisk until well blended with an appropriate consistency.
NotesAnother recipe of my mom's. This is just a basic cheese sauce but with a bit of a twist. You can use it for macaroni or drizzle it on top of veggies like broccoli or asparagus.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More