- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1½ - 2 cups cheese (pref. sharp/aged cheddar)
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. mustard
- Cook over double boiler on medium heat
- Combine butter, salt, pepper, flour and milk in saucepan, giving you a basic white sauce.
- Add grated cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, whisk until well blended with an appropriate consistency.
NotesAnother recipe of my mom's. This is just a basic cheese sauce but with a bit of a twist. You can use it for macaroni or drizzle it on top of veggies like broccoli or asparagus.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More