- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Steak-ums
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked according to directions on package
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups pasta sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced and if you want seeds removed to
- calm the heat
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- black pepper
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- In olive oil, saute garlic until it begins to brown; add onions, peppers, and mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, basil, oregano,parsley, pepper and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In nonstick pan, cook steaks until no longer pink, chopping with utensil as you cook.
- When done, set aside on plate covered with paper
- When cooled chop.
- In bowl, mix together velveeta cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese until combined.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spread about 1/4 of cheese mixture evenly over the pasta, then spread layer of tomato sauce over ricotta.
- Place a layer of Steak-umm sandwich steaks
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of mozzarella.
- Repeat process again two
- more times starting with lasagna noodles. Top with pasta sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish top with parsley flakes if desired.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 40 minutes or until bubbling.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More