- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese -- grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese -- grated
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- Mix flours, salt and cayenne pepper together. With the tips of your fingers, work cold butter quickly into the flour mixture until the butter is the size of peas. add all cheeses and toss together. Sprinkle the water in my the tablespoon while tossing the flour cheese mixture with your other hand. As soon as the dough begins to form a mixture that sticks together, press it out on a lightly floured board in a rectangle about 10-12 inches by 5-6 inches wide. Roll quickly with a rolling pin, sot the dough is a solid piece.
- Fold 1/3 of the dough towards you from the top and 1/3 of the dough away from you towards the top. Turn the dough sideways, roll and fold again the same way. Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Roll the dough twice more. Rest the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut the dough in half leaving one half in the refrigerator. On a lightly floured board, roll the dough about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the straws 1/2 inch wide and lay them on a well greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until light brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More