- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Scoop out center of each tomato half, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
- Chop scooped out tomato pulp; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, butter, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and chopped tomato pulp.
- Fill tomato shells with breadcrumb mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed half in foil.
- Place on grill, stuffed side up.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
NotesThese tomatoes are done on the grill and are an excellent side for a grilled steak.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More