- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * Crust *
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust;
- * Filling *
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 jar Thick 'n Chuncky Salsa
- 1jar of sliced mushrooms, drained**
- 1 can french fried onions
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- Heat oven to 450*. Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust baked pie shell using a 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 2.) Reduce oven temp. to 350*. In a skillet, cook ground beef , stirring frequently until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the mushrooms and half of the french fried onions. Spoon mixture into baked pie shell.
- 3.) In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mexican cheese and the eggs. Spoon over beef mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and set in the center.**
- 4.) Remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Of Mexican cheese evenly over filling; sprinkle with remaining french fried onions in the center of the filling.
- 5.) Return to oven; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle tomato around the edge and in the center of the pie. Let pie stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- **NOTE** I have made some changes to this recipe as far as leaving some things out. Like the mushrooms and the ricotta cheese and eggs. If you leave out the ricotta cheese and the eggs out on the directions on # 3 just add the Mexican cheese and bake for 20 min.
NotesMy family loves anything Mexican...so this is a real frequent meal at our house. Hope you enjoy it as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More