- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/3 pounds potatoes (4 medium), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with slotted spoon; set aside. Pour contents of saucepan into container of electric blender. Holding lid down tightly, blend until smooth; return to saucepan. Mix in reserved potatoes and the broccoli. Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated through and cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More