- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter and cheese until well blended.
- Stir in flour, chives, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in cereal.
- Divide the mixture into four parts, and roll into 6 inch long logs.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Unwrap the cheese logs, and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are crisp and slightly browned.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More