CHEESE AND NUT STUFFED SHELLS
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
- 24 dried jumbo shells pasta (* see NOTE)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jar thick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups)
Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.
Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
Arrange filled shells in the baking dish.
Pour remaining sauce over shells.
Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens = http://recipes.bhg.com