- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bunches (about 1 pound) spinach, trimmed and well rinsed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded 2% milk Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 9-inch deep-dish pie crust, raw
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the spinach in a large pot with a cover. Cover and heat the spinach over a medium flame and steam, using the water clinging to the leaves, for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the eggs, scallions, both cheeses, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Use tongs to press out all liquid from the spinach, chop spinach finely and add to the egg mixture. Stir well. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the center is firm and the top golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Makes 6 servings; 7 WW Point per serving
- (Recipe from “Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook,” Wiley, 2005, $34.95.)
Notes7 WW Point per serving
(Recipe from “Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook,” Wiley, 2005)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More