- Cooking Time: 20minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15minutes
- Oil for greasing tin
- 240g plain flour (plus extra for flouring work mat)
- 120g soft butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 dessert spoonfuls milk
- 3 slice ham
- 60g grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsely
- Start by brushing an oven proof dish (about 400ml) with some oil.
- Start by putting the flour and butter together in a bowl and rub them together with your fingers.
- Add some cold water (between 3 and 4 teaspoons full) a bit at a time. Stir well with a fork until you can squeeze it all together to make a soft ball of dough. Sprinkle some flour onto your work surface
- Roll out the dough on the floured surface till it is bigger all round than the tin.
- Lift the pastry over the tin and push into the shape. Trim by rolling the rolling pin across the top. You could put it in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- Break the eggs into a cup. Whisk with the fork. Add the milk and season with a pinch of pepper.
- Cut up the ham into bite size pieces. In a clean cup cut up the parsley leaves using the scissors. Put the ham into the bottom of your pastry case (remember to leave space for your eggy mixture too). Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Lift the tin onto a baking tray then pour the milk mixture on top – you may not be able to get it all in!Place the quiche in the oven at 180°C fan/200°C/Gas 6 for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serving Sugggestion: Serve with cucumber batons and mixed pepper strips.
NotesMy husband is French so this is a family recipe! I changed the recipe once to make individual quiches I did this by halving and then halving again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Rocky Road Ice CreamSee More