- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef, browned & drained
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup dill pickles, chunky diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Crescent Rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While beef is draining, in the same skillet, add a little olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Return beef to skillet with onions, mixing well and season with salt and pepper.
- Next add ketchup, mustard, water and pickle and mix well, simmering just a few minutes.
- In a sprayed 9x13 baking dish, layer meat mixture and smooth out. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll crescent rolls over the top, pinching seams together and the outside edges may not be covered all the way but that is perfectly fine.
- Brush with beaten egg and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesI read some reviews on this recipe and some were saying this tasted like a McDonalds Cheeseburger well guess what? This dish was so much better than that and put McDonalds to shame in my opinion! A great cheeseburger without the bottom bun which means less carbs right? We loved this and I think I loved it the most since I could of, but didn't, eat the whole thing! Everything about it tasted like a cheeseburger!
My DH would have liked the pickles to have been smaller diced but I "chunky" diced them and they were perfect! This dish will be on the menu again soon! Sooooo Delicious!
The only things I changed in this recipe is to brush the top with a beaten egg and not milk and I upped everything else that goes in it since I had more than a pound of ground beef, which was a good thing because all of it was eaten! I listed the ingredients the way I made it!
I found this recipe on Pinterest and you can find some awesome recipes there!