- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz shredded velvetta
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1-2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat: cook and stir vegetables and beef, until meat is brown.
- Stir in basil and parsley and celery salt.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in cheese.
- When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.
NotesThis is one of our favorite soups!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More