- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz shredded velvetta
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1-2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat: cook and stir vegetables and beef, until meat is brown.
- Stir in basil and parsley and celery salt.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in cheese.
- When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.
NotesThis is one of our favorite soups!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More