o 1 1/2 C YVES Veggie Ground
o 2 Tbsp. EVOO
o ½ Red Onion, diced
o 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
o 1 Roma Tomato, diced
o 1 C Cream Cheese
o 1 ½ C Old Cheddar, cubed
o ½ C Marble Cheddar, cubed
o Sea Salt / Black Pepper
o Green Onion, sliced
o 1 C Romaine Lettuce, roughly chopped
1. In a medium sized frying pan, bring to temperature on medium and add in the EVOO. Swirl around the pan before adding the garlic and onion. Give a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and fry 4 – 5 minutes stirring often.
2. Add the Beefless Ground and diced tomatoes. Fry another 3 – 4 minutes stirring often until the tomatoes are cooked down a little.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir the cream cheese into the meatless mixture using a TBSP one scoop at a time. Once fully combined, pour into a 1.5 qt. baking dish.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F
5. Dump the cubed cheese into the baking dish and use a spatula to work the cubes into the mixture and smooth it out evenly through the dish. Sprinkle the dish with sea salt before putting it in the oven to bake.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown on top.
7. For service, garnish with sliced green onion and fresh romaine.
Pairs Well With
I love creamy dips and this is one of my favourites. Adding crumbled "beef" gives the dip a heartiness while the topping of romaine and scallions freshens up every bite. Such a delicious dip!