- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Slices American Cheese
- 1 pd. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Beef Bouillon (or one cube)
- 3 Eggs; beaten
- 1 (9-inch) Unbaked Pastry Shell
- 2 TBSP Flour
- Chopped Tomato and Shredded Lettuce, Optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake pastry shell for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temp.
- to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut 6 slices cheese into pieces, in a large skillet; brown meat and pour off
- Add tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and bouillon.
- Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves. Remove
- from heat; stir in eggs, flour and cheese.
- Turn into prepared pasty shell.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until hot.
- Arrange remaining 2 slices of cheese on top. Return to oven 3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to
- Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes one 9-inch pie
NotesI have made this dish time and time again and it is very good and well received. :0)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More