- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Slices American Cheese
- 1 pd. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Beef Bouillon (or one cube)
- 3 Eggs; beaten
- 1 (9-inch) Unbaked Pastry Shell
- 2 TBSP Flour
- Chopped Tomato and Shredded Lettuce, Optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake pastry shell for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temp.
- to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut 6 slices cheese into pieces, in a large skillet; brown meat and pour off
- Add tomato sauce, green pepper, onion and bouillon.
- Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves. Remove
- from heat; stir in eggs, flour and cheese.
- Turn into prepared pasty shell.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until hot.
- Arrange remaining 2 slices of cheese on top. Return to oven 3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to
- Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes one 9-inch pie
NotesI have made this dish time and time again and it is very good and well received. :0)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More