- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 4 Tbsp. margarine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups hash brown potatoes (I use the frozen diced potatoes)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 8 oz. Velveeta
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- n a 3-quart saucepan brown beef. Drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, sautÃ© onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 Tbsp. butter until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet melt remaining butter. Add flour and cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup. Cook and stir soup for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to LOW.
- Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper and cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Add sour cream. Stir well. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-5 (more like 8!)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Home cookingSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More