- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts of any kind
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Let parchment come up over the sides of the pan to use as "handles" when unmolding after baking.
- In a mixer bowl, combine flour, butter, and brown sugar.
- Blend at low speed until incorporated and mixture is like sand, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in nuts. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- With your fingers, press remaining mixture into pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until crust is set and golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack while assembling the filling.
- In a clean mixer bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Blend until smooth, then add the remaining filling ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Sprinkle the reserve crust mixture over filling.
- Bake until top is golden brown and filling is set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a rack, then use parchment "handles" to remove from pan in 1 piece.
- Cut into bars, squares or shapes with cookie cutter of your choice.
- To make it more festive, you can top it with sprinkles. :)
NotesMy DH asked me last night if I was going to make my cheesecake bars so I dug up my recipe. Here's one that might be one you could consider for the holidays:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More