- Cooking Time: 32
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 35
BackstoryHere's an easy recipe that came from Pampered Chef. I assume you can substitute your own sugar cookie recipe.
- 18 oz. pkg. refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup plain candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. For chocolate batter, in a saucepan melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1-1/3 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.
- 2. For cheesecake filling, in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- 3. Spray an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick coating. Spread two-thirds of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cheesecake filling over batter. Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.