- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 miniature chocolate-coated caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup purchased chocolate fudge frosting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine oats, the 1/2 cup flour, the brown sugar, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in the 6 tablespoons melted butter. Pat into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for cheesecake layer: In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar; spoon in small dollops over the partially baked layer. Sprinkle with chopped nougat bars.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup melted butter, melted chocolate, and vanilla. Beat in egg.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2/3 cup flour, the baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Carefully spoon over cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread with chocolate fudge frosting. Cut into bars.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More