- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces (115g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup (130g) sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (70g) flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips
- cream cheese mixture:
- 8 ounces (200g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons (75g) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (I used a pinch of salt)
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, making sure it goes up all four sides. Use two sheets if necessary. Mist with non-stick spray or grease lightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the 2/3 cup (130g) sugar, then the eggs.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, the yolk, 5 tablespoons (75g) of sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the batter in the center of the pan feels just set.
- Let cool, then lift out the foil and peel it away. Cut the brownies into squares
NotesVanilla Sugar - David Lebovitz
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More