- Cooking Time: 67
- Servings: 12 slices
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 5 (8 oz) cream cheese cups
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Lemon peel
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup eggs (4 to 5 eggs)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and grated lemon peel.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pat ⅓ of dough on bottom of 9-inch springform pan (leaving sides remaining).
- Bake in 400° F oven about 8 minutes or until golden; cool. Attach sides to cooked bottom, butter and pat remaining dough on sides.
- Let cream cheese stand at room temperature to soften (about 1–1½ hours).
- Beat cream cheese, and then add vanilla, and lemon peel.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt, gradually blend into cheese.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating after each just to blend.
- Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Bake at 450° F for 12 minutes, reduce heat to 300° F and continue baking 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool.
- Loosen sides with spatula after ½ hour, then loosen again at end of 1 hour.
- Allow to cool 2 hours longer, and then serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Jean’s Recipe File
Delightful DessertsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More