- Cooking Time: 67
- Servings: 12 slices
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 5 (8 oz) cream cheese cups
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Lemon peel
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup eggs (4 to 5 eggs)
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and grated lemon peel.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pat ⅓ of dough on bottom of 9-inch springform pan (leaving sides remaining).
- Bake in 400° F oven about 8 minutes or until golden; cool. Attach sides to cooked bottom, butter and pat remaining dough on sides.
- Let cream cheese stand at room temperature to soften (about 1–1½ hours).
- Beat cream cheese, and then add vanilla, and lemon peel.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt, gradually blend into cheese.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating after each just to blend.
- Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Bake at 450° F for 12 minutes, reduce heat to 300° F and continue baking 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool.
- Loosen sides with spatula after ½ hour, then loosen again at end of 1 hour.
- Allow to cool 2 hours longer, and then serve.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More