- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 33)
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or mint extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 6-ounce package white chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- For crust, combine cookie crumbs and the 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and extract in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add egg yolks and the whole egg all at once, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in half-and-half and chopped white chocolate.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place in a shallow baking pan in oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from sides of pan and cool cheesecake completely.
- Cover and chill cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.
- Heat corn syrup, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter until butter melts and mixture just boils.
- Pour over chocolate pieces in a small bowl; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over top of cheesecake.
- Chill 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols.
- Makes 16 servings.
- Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols:
- Melt 3 ounces semisweet chocolate and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening.
- Let cool slightly.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Cut a small hole in one corner and pipe the shapes onto waxed paper.
- Let garnishes stand in a cool, dry place until firm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More