- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 33)
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or mint extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 6-ounce package white chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- For crust, combine cookie crumbs and the 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and extract in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add egg yolks and the whole egg all at once, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in half-and-half and chopped white chocolate.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place in a shallow baking pan in oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from sides of pan and cool cheesecake completely.
- Cover and chill cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.
- Heat corn syrup, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter until butter melts and mixture just boils.
- Pour over chocolate pieces in a small bowl; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over top of cheesecake.
- Chill 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols.
- Makes 16 servings.
- Chocolate Lace Musical Symbols:
- Melt 3 ounces semisweet chocolate and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening.
- Let cool slightly.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Cut a small hole in one corner and pipe the shapes onto waxed paper.
- Let garnishes stand in a cool, dry place until firm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Koken met OmaSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More