- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySeveral years ago (15 or more?) a dear friend and co-worker shared this recipe with me. It has been my go-to recipe ever since. All I do is change the [second] topping to fit the mood/theme.
Use a water bath when baking to create a moist atmosphere in the oven.
Do not over beat when adding the eggs. You don't want your cheesecake filled with air (unlike a regular batter cake).
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 - 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 - 8oz packs of cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sour Cream Topping:
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- For the crust:
- Combine ingredients. Pat on the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides a little. Place in the refrigerator while mixing the filling together.
- For the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients. Pour into your graham cracker crust. Place in the middle rack in your oven. Pour 1 cup of hot water into a dish (such as a roasting pan) on a rack below your cheesecake. Bake for 1 hour, turning the cake 180' halfway through. If needed, add another cup of hot water to the baking dish. This helps prevent big cracks by providing a humid atmosphere within your oven.
- For the Sour Cream Topping:
- Combing the ingredients and pour on top of the cheesecake. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Cool and refrigerate for several hours or over night.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More