- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 - 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 - 8oz packs of cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sour Cream Topping:
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- For the crust:
- Combine ingredients. Pat on the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides a little. Place in the refrigerator while mixing the filling together.
- For the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients. Pour into your graham cracker crust. Place in the middle rack in your oven. Pour 1 cup of hot water into a dish (such as a roasting pan) on a rack below your cheesecake. Bake for 1 hour, turning the cake 180' halfway through. If needed, add another cup of hot water to the baking dish. This helps prevent big cracks by providing a humid atmosphere within your oven.
- For the Sour Cream Topping:
- Combing the ingredients and pour on top of the cheesecake. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Cool and refrigerate for several hours or over night.
NotesSeveral years ago (15 or more?) a dear friend and co-worker shared this recipe with me. It has been my go-to recipe ever since. All I do is change the [second] topping to fit the mood/theme.
Use a water bath when baking to create a moist atmosphere in the oven.
Do not over beat when adding the eggs. You don't want your cheesecake filled with air (unlike a regular batter cake).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Food Travels Through Italy
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More