- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- crust (or you can use graham cracker mix-not premade)
- 1C flour 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C sugar 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon rind 1/4 C butter
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 5 pkg cream cheese (8oz pak) 1 1/2 t. lemon rind
- 1 3/4 C sugar 1 1/2 t. orange rind
- 1/4 t. vanilla 2 egg yolks
- 5 eggs 1/4 C heavy cream
- 3 T. flour
- in small bowl combine all ingredients, form into ball. refrig. 1 hr.
- preheat oven 400. grease bottom and sides of spring form pan
- press 1/3 dough onto bottom of pan Bake 8 min.divide rest of dough into 3 parts. roll into 21/2 " wide strips. press to sides of pan. refrig. until filling is ready.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- in lg. bowl combine cheese and sugar, lemon rind, orange rind, vanilla, flour. preheat oven 500.
- add eggs and yolks, one at a time. beating after each addition. add cream , mix well
- assemble pan. pour in filling. (make sure pan is tight or else it will leak)
- bake 10 min. reduce to 250, bake 1 hour longer. cool. regfrigerate.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe, and I think it was my grandma's before that. Be sure to grate the lemon and orange zest very finely so you just get the taste of it.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More