- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium boiling or baking potatoes
- (2 lb)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded natural sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2. Scrub potatoes but do not peel. Cut into 1/8-inch slices to measure about 4 cups.
- 3. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- 4. Stir in milk and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 5. Spread potatoes in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- 6. Bake uncovered 1 hour. Mix remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until top is brown and bubbly.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend and love it... it is the best recipe for cheesy potatoes I have ever tried...I get a lot of request for this one...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
GAES PTO Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More