- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- season salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder or to taste
- hamburger buns
- Secret Sauce
- ½ cup of mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, BBQ sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick.
- Then it is very important to push a ½ inch indent into the center of the patty. This is what prevents the patty from becoming a dome. These burgers stay extra moist because the BBQ sauce and cheese are mixed in with the meat.
- Wait for the skillet to get super hot and then apply a very thin layer of butter to the pan. I also sprayed my skillet. Place the patties on the pan, indent side up.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow this side of the patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with your choice of toppings.
NotesGreat burgers! This recipe comes from Little Miss Momma Blog and she named these burgers, "Best Burgers Ever" and I don't know about that but they were delicious! I would have liked to have tasted more BBQ sauce in the burgers but I'm afraid if you add more sauce the burgers may fall apart! These definitely won't hold up on your grill because they are so moist and juicy! We loved that about these burgers! They get a little sticky to the skillet with all the oozing cheese but hey, that's a good thing right?
The secret sauce was a cross between Big Mac sauce and a Thousand Island Dressing and it was delicious! It makes a lot, way more than you will need so plan on storing it in a jar with your other refrigerated condiments for another time! It will be an experiment for me to see how long it last being refrigerated!
2 thumbs up!