- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 8 Tablespoons (1/2 Cup) butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Cups grated cheese*
- 1 Cup buttermilk (or 1 Cup milk soured with 1 teaspoon vinegar)*
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- 2. Mix flour, baking powder, and butter like pastry, using 2 forks or knives, or a pastry cutter
- 3. Add cheese, mix well
- 4. Add buttermilk and mix until moist. Add a little more buttermilk or water if too thick
- 5. Drop mix from tablespoon onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- 6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden
- *Original recipe called for sharp/old/strong cheese and water. We used marble cheese and buttermilk.
Notes*Original recipe called for sharp/old/strong cheese and water. We used marble cheese and buttermilk.
You can use different flavours. Replace the cheese with berries, or raisins and add cinnamon.
*If using dark pans decrease temperature by 25F