- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package frozen broccoli
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 12 oz Velveeta processed cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, optional
- If using, fry bacon until crisp. Wrap in paper towel and set aside (keep warm).
- In a large, heavy-duty saucepan coated in cooking spray, saute garlic for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat. Once garlic begins to brown, add chicken broth and broccoli. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together milk and flour. Slowly pour into pan and stir well. Cook 5 minutes or until soup begins to thicken, stirring constantly (don't bring to a boil). Add pepper and remove from heat. Add Velveeta cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheese. Crumble bacon and top soup. Serve with thick, crusty bread. Top with green onion and sour cream if desired.
NotesThis is a super easy way to make cheese & broccoli soup, great for a cold day
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More