- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband and I have been using this recipe, more of a method really, for a cheap and easy weeknight meal.
- flour tortillas
- can refried beans
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 taco seasoning & 3/4 cup water (or what your packet requires)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbls olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in pan, add diced onions to soften. Had hamburger after a couple of minutes and break up the meat, mixing it in with the onions. Cook hamburger until no longer pink. Drain extra grease from pan. Add taco seasoning and water to meat, mix well. Simmer until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and prepare a burrito filling station with beans, meat, cheese, and tortillas.
- Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Using a spatula spread a bit of beans in the middle of the tortilla. Spoon some of the meat mixture in the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle a handful of cheese in the middle. Take both ends and fold in, then roll the tortilla to shape the burrito. Continue until the desired number of burritos are prepared. Spray the tops with some cooking spray and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the burritos begin to brown. They will be VERY HOT. It takes a good 5-10 minutes for them to cool enough to eat.
- We made 5 but had LOTS of everything left over, so you could easily make 8 or so. They are small so plan on eating at least 2, depending on how full you stuff them.