- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1/2 onion, chopped OR 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 1 can chili, with or without beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 Tbsp veggie oil
- A note about the tortillas: The corn tortillas must be softened before they are rolled and baked in the casserole. Frying them gently in a little oil greatly enhances the flavor of the tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add a tortilla and cook for 2-3 seconds. Using a metal spatula, turn it over and cook the other side 2-3 seconds. Remove from the pan one by one to rest on a paper towel. Repeat the process with all tortillas.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and onion or onion powder.
- 2. Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3. On each tortilla, place an equal portion of the chicken mixture. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam-side-down in the baking dish.
- 4. Pour the chili and remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.
NotesMy favorite parts of enchilada recipes rolled into one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Growers' Giveback Potluck
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More