Cheesy Chicken & Chili Enchiladas
2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Blend
1/2 onion, chopped OR 1 tsp onion powder
1 small can enchilada sauce
1 can chili, with or without beans
12 corn tortillas
3 Tbsp veggie oil
A note about the tortillas: The corn tortillas must be softened before they are rolled and baked in the casserole. Frying them gently in a little oil greatly enhances the flavor of the tortillas.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add a tortilla and cook for 2-3 seconds. Using a metal spatula, turn it over and cook the other side 2-3 seconds. Remove from the pan one by one to rest on a paper towel. Repeat the process with all tortillas.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and onion or onion powder.
2. Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. On each tortilla, place an equal portion of the chicken mixture. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam-side-down in the baking dish.
4. Pour the chili and remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.
Pairs Well With
My favorite parts of enchilada recipes rolled into one.