- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryMy favorite parts of enchilada recipes rolled into one.
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1/2 onion, chopped OR 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 1 can chili, with or without beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 Tbsp veggie oil
- A note about the tortillas: The corn tortillas must be softened before they are rolled and baked in the casserole. Frying them gently in a little oil greatly enhances the flavor of the tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add a tortilla and cook for 2-3 seconds. Using a metal spatula, turn it over and cook the other side 2-3 seconds. Remove from the pan one by one to rest on a paper towel. Repeat the process with all tortillas.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and onion or onion powder.
- 2. Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 3. On each tortilla, place an equal portion of the chicken mixture. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam-side-down in the baking dish.
- 4. Pour the chili and remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.